Friday, April 27, 2007

Back Home Away From Home

Well, back in Leicester.

And what could be a warmer welcome than an Art Assessment next week, ahh~ to quote the Playstation 3:



Nothing left to do but work like some kind of sweat shop art worker (Probably known by its latin name Gameus Artistium) in order to get some respectable pieces of work set up for it. Ahh, lovely.

But there's something that's unsettled me a bit, future housemate Mr. Carter alerted me to the fact that over 100 people have been interviewed for the Game Art course next year.

Now it goes without saying that this is alarming, and could ultimately lead to our utter downfall, as now you see, Mike Powell is able to cherry-pick the best artists and the most diligent workers, effectively creating the polar opposite to my year, like some kind of rival team from an action movie.

One of two options lie open to me, the first is to work hard over the summer to make sure I keep well above their skill level, because I'll bet they won't be doing so, unless they are robots. If they're robots we're all screwed.

The second option is to continue as I am, because being the first year of Game Artists, we are clearly the protagonists, and the protagonists always win, especially when they're outgunned.

I think I shall take some time to ponder this plan...

But in all seriousness, I can't wait to see the new lot, and yes, I'll continue to improve throughout the summer of this year (In fact I may have secured a job with a graphics company, so I won't have much of a choice this time..!).

Good luck, new guys and girls!



I just thought of a third plan! Get them all into World of Warcraft! The game that will drop at least three quarters of them out of the year! Thank you Blizzard!

2 comments:

Alex Holt said...

We were all personally going to try and recruit them as lackeys who will not question their clear superiors. Plus we'll all show the Joel's artwork / Max work and claim its all of ours, making them fear our amazing abilities.

Byren said...

Hear hear to the WoW plan!