Saturday, January 24, 2009

Post-Presentation Project Preoccupation

Hey there! The presentations went very well and everyone has improved a lot. I couldn't help but feel my models were a bit poo, but I always feel that way. Should have worked more in the time I had! In any case, I'm modeling all the time now, in addition to drawing. It's very fun, because I finally know what I'm doing. It's taken two and a half years but I'm finally there! Oh damn, don't let an employer see that!

So now we're all busy getting on with our final projects, half of which I haven't seen anything of, and might not see until the very end, so it'll be like a big surprise. Out of the projects I have seen, I'm eager for them all to succeed - they're all very interesting and quite ambitious, which I think is great.

I've teamed up with the awesome Mr. O'Brien to create a kind of fairytale-windmill-on-a-mountain environment, which we're concepting like madmen at the minute. I hope people don't think it's a stupid idea, because we're very confident that we can do it well! Oh and we go by the name BURNING BRIGADE now, so if you want to follow our BURNING adventures through time and space, head over to our blog:

BURNING BRIGADE
(WARNING: Adult Content)

And if you think two people is too few to constitute a brigade, then I must politely inform you that you are WRONG, shame on you! Honestly!


Also because text is boring, I'll start uploading my work and pictures on here regularly from now on and into 2009! Just to get you in the mood, here's a sketch outlining what our Burning Brigade Banner will eventually look like. It will be animated, and as Louise suggested, there will be the/a world blowing up in the background. Ignite your passion!!



We're not actually poking each other in the head, regardless of what your eyes may tell you.

1 comment:

Mike said...

That's uncanny, as I too am working on a windmill. Of course it's not going to be fairytale, but I will craft such beautiful mechanics for it. All functional of course.

And yes I've started blogging properly now. Go me!