Friday, November 28, 2008

Game Style

I read a very interesting little post from Games Industry man Lucas Hardi about how stylized games are a good thing. This is reassuring, because I tend to dislike realism in games in favour of style.

Check it out!

6 comments:

Byren said...

Bingo.
I totally feel the same about realism, I reckon stylised stuff has so much more soul to it!

Ben Wilkinson said...

hey dave wanna come back to our group.........lol
this must be the 5th industry professonal ive heard this kinda talk from, including the guys from bizzare.....

Del said...

thanks for sharing. :)

makes me want to be part of stylised games so much more

Chris said...

Come! let us go nuke a games factory and kill their realistism addiction; Upon its rubble we will pave the way for stylized games.

Kitto said...

That's five of us. I think that's enough to be officially considered a rebel movement...

Michael Powell said...

I love stylization - but actually, its harder to do well than realism...

I also hate stylization, because many many poor artists do it badly, because they find it easier and try to use stylization to disguise their technical shortcomings.

Check out the TF2 stylization presentation I stuck on the Blackboard shell, under 'Essential Reading'