Monday, October 06, 2008

24 Hour Comic 2008

Dun Drrun Drrun Drrun...

It's the 24 Hour Comic event on Saturday, and now begins my effort to scrounge for people who are unhinged enough to actually do it. Come on, god damn you all!


Scott McCloud's Original 'Rules'
24 Hour Comics Main Page

To sum up, many years ago a clever Comicy man named Scott McCloud and a friend of his dared each other to create a full 24-page comic in 24 consecutive hours, with no pauses of the clock. Since then it's taken off quite spectacularly, but still, not that many people are really up for it because, well, you know.

But sod that; I think most people in this class would be able to do it, and while I know nobody will want to, you should. Doesn't matter if you've never drawn a comic before, it's just what you usually do, but in little boxes. Can you handle that? Yes.

Anyway yes, it takes place this Saturday, and I'm raring to do it, so if anybody actually is interested, please contact me, or leave a message here. Give it a go, you might rock, you might suck, but at least you can say you did it.


There's no 'official venue' to do it anywhere around here (In fact I believe the closest place is, err, Belfast), so it'd just be at somebody's house. It would have to be a comfortable house, hint hint.

Incidentally, you're not allowed to think of a story or any characters beforehand. While I fully realize you could, it's the rules that you make everything up within the 24 hours as well. You can do literally anything you want to.


It won't happen unless I can coerce at least one other person into doing it, but in this event especially, the more is definitely the merrier. Don't be shy, give it a try! Ugh.

No comments: