...About the BBC actually. Or more specifically the news recently.
Have any of you other peeps in the UK noticed just how often YouTube gets into the news? It's like they discovered it a few weeks ago, and ever since there has been a mental amount YouTube content featured. Off the top of my head, there was a video of that girl getting thrown off the roundabout, several videos of kids fighting in school, the video of that RAF pilot doing low-level flying for fun, various war-related videos and that's just what I can remember.
Not only that, if you shift to BBC 2, newsnight, that sometimes has YouTube videos featured too! The other day it was a bunch of those musician videos where people play their instruments.
Now I have nothing against YouTube, but come on BBC. Just about everything they show, most people have already seen. It's as if they can't be bothered doing their own journalism so they just go "Oh screw it, look for a video on YouTube". Last night, there were TWO videos featured on the 10 'o Clock News alone. I am not impressed, I'm really not.
So what's this all about? Well it's just got to be CONSPIRACY.
Google bought YouTube, but Google secretly controls the world, so they're using their velvet YouTube glove to stroke their metaphorical lap cat that is the BBC. They're trying to get 100% of the British population to be YouTube obsessors by the year 2009!
Well okay, maybe not. But whatever the situation, I'll be keeping an eye out for YouTube content on the BBC news in the future. Maybe you should too...
And I guarantee, because I've mentioned this, we'll never see it happen again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
When Google starts GoogleTV the BBC will be rueing the day.
They went mental over blogs a while ago. They're trying to appear cool but it backfires in two ways: to the 'kids' they're just playing catch up. Like you said it's all old news by the time the BBC show it. And to those not impressed by the internet it's just irrelevant and another example of lowering standards.
Dude, the same thing happened with chavs a year or two ago. As we all know, the "race" known as the chav has been around for sometime, however the media picked up on them and repeatedly showed stories about them, making it popular to be all chavved up. The chav population ended up growing slightly. Urgh.
But don't worry dave, this is just a phase the BBC is going through, it will pass in time...
I feel the same way about Second Life. I went to the launch party in San Francisco about 18 months ago (I got a bit pissed, hee hee)
But it is so old news, but every time I open the paper or turn on the radio its second life this second life that, second life is going to change the world...
no it's not. go away, mainstream media. leave us geeks alone.
Post a Comment