Thursday, September 28, 2006

All the Happy People

Generally people say the thing about living in halls of residence is the people. Well the people in my flat (apartment) are amazingly, wonderfully nice.

It was my birthday yesterday. At this point they've only known me for about four days, and it's not like I've been hanging around with them the whole time, but even so they've arranged some kind of birthday celebration thing in the kitchen/bar/living room down the hall. True, you could say that it's an excuse for them to just party on a bit more, but they went out and got a cake and everything, and that's just so nice of them. It's not only the four others in my flat either, but the people from almost all the other flats in the area, so it's probably going to be a bit mad and embarassing.

The only downside is that because this grand thing is going on, I don't get to and socialize more with my course-related friends tonight. See, that's the problem in university- you develop two groups of friends. Those on your course, and friends living with you. I'm just lucky that in both cases, they are great people. In any case, in about 20 minutes things will kick off. I'm not a party person, but I'm actually looking forwards to it.

No comments: