Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I have bought books.

Since university ended, I've had the overwhelming urge to do some reading. A lot of reading, actually - probably to make up for all that time I spent working at university.


Going on my tutor Mike's recommendation, I bought The Damned Utd. and Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets, by David Peace and David Simon, respectively. On my housemate Megan's recommendation, I bought Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. As it's the 1st years' summer work to read it, I bought Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve and - perhaps the one I'm most excited about - Walter Moers' new Zamonia book: The Alchemaster's Apprentice (Which doesn't have a page yet as one, it's only just been published in English, and two, the Zamonia books are, in my opinion, criminally underrated online).


I look forward to commenting about them here sometime quite soon!

3 comments:

Louise Roberts said...

The Mortal Engines series is very good, especially the progression of the main characters as the series goes on. It's nice to have children's books brave enough to not have a happily ever after

Del said...

Oh yeah... books!

I remember those.
With the paper and stuff right?

Nick said...

yeah, you had to turn the page and everything.