Tuesday, March 24, 2009

CR-4P

Below is a very quick low-poly model I did this weekend. It's based on a simple Google SketchUp design from an online game called Skyrates, which was created by a small group of American university students in a single term. Since then it's been improved upon, and it's now surprisingly complex for a Flash game!

Anyway this is the Junker, officially called the 'CR-4P' (hur hur!) that you begin the game with. It is, as the name suggests, the worst plane in the game. I like it though!


Here is the original reference, from the game.



'CR-4P' from Skyrates
240 Triangles,
1 x 1024 x 1024 Diffuse Map
1 x 1024 x 1024 Alpha Map
(I couldn't bear to shrink it down! Oh woe! It defies the point of it being low poly!)




The texture appears very flat, more so than I would like. Next time, I will try to improve upon this and give more illusion of depth, while remaining as low-poly as possible.

Red = Transparent alpha.

1 comment:

Ben Wilkinson said...

thats sweet man, reminds me of the warhawk planes on the ps3