Monday, March 24, 2008

The Annual Easter Crisis

Yes that's right, the annual Easter Crisis point has arrived. This is where I realize how close our assessments for this year are, then go through the cycle of panic, distress, defiance, nonchalance, panic, stress, stress, panic and then worry as the assessments pass.

At the moment I'm in nonchalance, and I think everything will be fine, which is a sure sign that panic is on the way. I'll be sure to update as I go, we'll see if this year will be any different.




Oink


It's been a long time since I played a decent game. I thought video games had all but died in terms of quality, with only one or two particularly decent games last year. And then I bought Ace Combat 6, and went

GOOD LORD.

Having just completed it a couple of days ago, to say I enjoyed it would be an understatement. I thought it was just fantastic, and it tapped into not only my fighter jet nerdism, but my love of overly dramatic plot, action and vehicles. The characters were very cool too, especially the Estovakian Lt. Colonel Voychek. The pure evil Strigon Team were also particularly great, and their SU-33s had a cool colour scheme.

That game took me for quite a ride, and I loved every second of it. Even those seconds where I was shot down numerous times. There was enough F-15E in it to make me a happy chappy.


I implore you to watch the beautiful action packed, over the top and cheesy trailer. It's all movie-esque. Watch it if only for the great corniness.

And if you do visit the website, try the 'Is it Real?' test. Let me know how you did! The graphics look better ingame than they do in any screenshot or movie, even that trailer included.

Garuda team, engage!

Ahh, fanboy mode off again. I suppose I have no time to play, I've got to get cracking with this group project. Assets to build, alpha planes to make! Mmm, planes.

No comments: