Anime haters begone.
Well like all REAL MEN, I have watched Gurren Lagann. It's certainly the best thing I've seen since Gunbuster reduced me to jelly many a year ago. Gainax really hit the mark with those two series! They are really, really, ridiculously good. In my opinion. And a few other people's opinion too it seems. If you haven't seen Gurren Lagann, I honestly, wholeheartedly encourage you to do so. Even a friend of mine, who admitted it was 'too weird' for him, came back to it, and having finished it is absolutely raving.
So imagine my delight when I found THIS ARTICLE.
This skull with shades logo is the heroes' insignia in the Gurren Lagann series. While many people may think it looks silly (Until they actually see the series, at which point I expect most would reconsider), the irony is that it symbolizes everything I think this country should believe in.
It represents infinite possibility, that anything can be overcome, the giving up is unthinkable and success - so long as you fight for it hard enough - is always assured. As they say, it's about kicking reason to the curb and piercing the heavens. Do the impossible. See the invisible. Touch the untouchable. Break the unbreakable!
Raw! Raw! Fight the power!!
Thank you, the anonymous Norwegian who submitted this design. You've made very many of us quite a lot happier. Those of us who've seen Gurren Lagann on the course think it's fantastic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment