Well it's Christmas time again, the holidays have just kicked in.
All of last week, we had Poop himself; Game Art guru Ben Mathis visiting. He did not, however, at any point poop himself, in case anybody read that wrong. His site can be found here, and contains much 3D and 2D loveliness. He's a great fella, one might even call him a 'dude'. He has the loudest laugh you have EVER HEARD, so when combined with a semi-quiet traditional pub there's head-turning aplenty, which is good because we're all attention whores really. Then again maybe all American people laugh that loud... American people, do you laugh loudly? Maybe I'll never find out.
Ben, if you are reading, thank you very much for your visit! Please call again (God knows we could use your knowledge again...)
There was a challenge for the week: to draw concept art for - then draw orthographic drawings for a new, original Super Smash Brothers character, then make a 3D model (including high-poly Z Brush/Mudbox version) and texture it in 4 days. I almost, almost had it finished, spending the first night on all the conceptual work, the second day modelling it, the third day fine-tuning the mesh and then the fourth day unwrapping and texturing.
I didn't quite finish the texturing because of an unfortunate late night. Damn you late nights... But the character will be finished soon, I may post it up on this very blog so you can see how bad I am at this, hoho.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment